What are the technical properties of Blockboard and its advantages?
Blockboard is a new type of engineered wood that is extensively used in making furniture. In fact, it can be used as a substitute for Plywood. The manufacturing of blockboard includes a core made of softwood strips between the two layers of wood veneer. It is extensively used for making bookshelves, benches, doors, shelves, tables, wall panelling and partition walls. In this article, you will get a brief overview of various technical properties and advantages of using blockboard.
Technical properties and advantages of Blockboard:
- The density of blockboard is is less than that of hardwood as well as plywood. Due to this fact, they are easy to transport and handle.
- Blockboard have moderate strength. In comparison to plywood, they have less strength but are fairly strong as compared to particleboard and MDF.
- They have a fair resistance to water. In fact, they can be made waterproof by using BWP grade resin for bonding the strips.
- Due to property like good dimensional property blockboards have moderate resistance to warping and cracking when exposed to moisture.
- Blockboards are less prone to sagging or bending and mostly preferred for furniture whose length is more than 6 to 7 feet.
- Unlike particleboard and MDF, blockboards have a very good screw holding capacity. It can be used for making custom made furniture.
- Blockboards are available in various finishes like wood veneer, laminates, etc. Thus, can be painted and polished.
- Blockboards do not split while cutting. So, it can be cut using regular woodwork tools. This is the fact why many carpenters prefer to work with blockboard.
- Blockboards are poor conductor of sound, heat and electricity. Thus, offer good sound and thermal insulation properties.
Advance Decorative Laminates is one of the major manufacturers of Blockboards in India that are available in a wide range of colours and textures.
For further information regarding this product, you can call us – 18001034740 | +91 9821698171, Email – [email protected]