Film faced plywood is an exterior plywood used in building and construction projects. It has a special film coating on its surface made from phenol or melamine on either or both sides which gives the plywood a higher resistance to moisture, abrasion, chemical degradation and fungal attack compared to ordinary plywood.
Because of its increased stability and resistance to moisture, ultraviolet radiation and corrosive chemicals, film-faced plywood is ideal for outdoor applications such as the external surfaces of new buildings.
It is used in making formwork in construction because of its increased stability and resistance to moisture, ultraviolet radiation, and corrosive chemicals. The film layer and acrylic varnished edges make it more durable and less able to distort when used outdoors in harsh weather and adverse conditions.
It is recommended for shuttering boxes as these are used to soothe and restrict wet concrete as it dries. If the shuttering box is made from film faced plywood then it can last long even in the sunlight. Hence, it can be used several times before being replaced. This saves money as well as keeps things safe.
- It has got a High wear-resistance power which makes it perfect for use in moist and damp areas. It is at the same time not affected by borers and termites.
- It is Resistant to the effect of various environments, including chemicals, thus it gives your stuff real toughness and strength.
- It has a Mesh surface which provides anti-slip protection, and thus can be easily handled.
- It has Resistance to temperature variation -40 to +50 °C, which makes it of great use in areas exposed to high temperatures.
- It Comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes, so that you can use it as per your need and wish.
- PVC coated plywood can give your space that appearance for which everyone would say WOWW !!
But before you plan to buy the Film Faced Plywood, there are certain factors that you should consider before buying plywood. We have listed them here for you. SO lets know about the little plywood things.
- Durability: They are durable in nature. They resist fungus and work well in all seasons from summers to winters. They also work well against chemicals and last longer. It is processed using the best quality wood and latest technology keeping in mind the latest market trends. The offered plywood is highly appreciated for its unique bonding strength, seamless finishing, and durability.
- Easy to clean: Since the film on this plywood makes the surface smooth, it does not let anything stick to its surface. Hence, cleaning a film faced plywood becomes easy. You can simply use a cloth and wipe the surface without spending long hours onto it.
- Versatile usage: These plywood are highly versatile or you may say it as Variety Plywood. They can be used for both indoors and outdoors. These can be used in the construction industry as well as to build furniture. It is commonly used to make the cast of the ceiling, walls, drains, highways, pillars, etc
- Water resistant: This plywood is specially made for exterior usage which also makes it water-resistant. Water or heat does not harm it due to which it can last for years.
- Perfect for construction company usage: Due to its coating, it can tolerate heavy outdoor work and is used by construction companies to fulfill their needs. These are strong and can be used over and over again.
- Sunmica Application: Also see if you can paste Sunmica on these plywood before buying the film plywood. This can add upon the amazing patterns and colors to your space. This will help you with beautification of your space.
Advance Decorative Laminates is the largest shuttering plywood manufacturer in India that offers a wide range of options. Advance film faced plywood rates are more affordable and its most effective constructions. It has a smooth mirror-like superior finishing on both surfaces and saves costs to quite an extent when compared to other similar products due to more repetition during shuttering work. It’s the cross-laminated structure between face veneer, core veneer, and the film again enhances the strength of ply. It is being widely used in construction of bridges, flyovers, metro projects, shipbuilding, water tanks, cooling towers, all high rise buildings, etc., which need maximum strength and security.