Laminates : Horizontal Designs vs. Vertical Designs?
A very popular decorative surface material, laminates are used on substrates like plywood or wooden articles to give it a stylish finish. Laminates are highly durable and low maintenance which can be easily applied on a surface to transform its look.
It is widely used onto kitchen cabinets, all sort of furniture, and wardrobes. They can find use in residential as well commercial settings not only for aesthetics, but also for the long term durability.
For users, there is a vast range of decorative laminates available for application onto both horizontal and vertical surfaces. You can find them in a variety of forms as per your individual liking. From metallic to textured, there is a huge assortment of collections to give a rich and stylish look to your surface.
Interior designing is an artwork that gives an illusion of large space when done smartly. Horizontal grain laminates and vertical grain laminates play a key role in defining the character of the space. Use horizontal laminates if you want to create an impression of more space. Avoid vertical ones as they make an area look less spacious.
A few creative ideas with laminates:
- Kitchen cabinets featuring horizontal grain laminates appear larger. They also create the impression of a bigger space.
- Large panels of horizontal and vertical patterned laminates when used in a combination can make a strong style statement. Vertical patterns on taller cabinets can create an illusion of height.
- Range walls adorned with horizontal grain laminates provides a nice feel of spaciousness.
- A modern minimalist kitchen featuring horizontal and vertical patterns in contrasting color combinations has a luxurious feel.
- The patterns and combinations can also be used in a trendy exterior home design.
Advance Laminates are highly flexible and can help realize many creative design ideas for interior as well as exterior. Their dramatic effect is not only felt in the kitchen, but the entire house. Choosing the color combinations carefully can help create a trendy living space.