Plywood has been our go-to option for kinds of furniture used in homes, offices, restaurants, etc. for decades now. Due to its popularity, many builders and architects are currently seeking plywood as a substitute to solid wooden furniture. However, there is a number of plywood’s available in the market these days, thus it gets important to choose the best plywood for furniture as per the place and usage.
Plywood is a human-made wood structured by taking together thin veneer sheets with a resin under high pressure and it creates a thick, strong, and flexible flat sheet a new product altogether. It is usually preferred over wood as it is cheaper and doesn’t get warped nor does it shrink in the long run. Unlike any other building material, plywood is an affordable option that is not only versatile but also has the exact work and resemblance to wood.
Plywood furniture making can be done with available variants of ply like softwood, hardwood, and various finishes. This material has many different uses such as flooring, roofing, making furniture including cabinets and wardrobes, wall sheathing and even some DIY projects. Plywood furniture can be made with different types of plywood which we are discussing below;
Types Of Plywood In The Market
Due to the rising usage and demand companies are coming up with new plywood and laminates types to cater our needs and there are over 18 types of plywood distinguished based on the type of wood used, its application and making process. However, let us concentrate on some basic types.
Moisture-Resistant Plywood– Also known as commercial ply by local vendors, MR plywood is used in interiors extensively. For every use it has good absorbing power to moisture and humidity, making it a favorite material in tropical areas. However, this is not waterproof.
Boiling Waterproof Ply– Amongst types of plywood, this is most favored for both interiors and exteriors and it is resistant to water as well which makes it best suitable for all weather conditions. It is mostly utilized for restructuring the bathroom doors, cabinets, and kitchen wooden shelves, where exposure to water is high. It is also used in wall cladding for exteriors purposes, moreover for staircases due to its waterproof nature.
Marine Ply- It is often associated with BWR and BWP ply by carpenters however, there are minimum similarities. As this material is in high-end quality and is very much water resistance. Thus, its applications are found majorly in boat making and other industries where exposure to water is high. So, the myth that marine ply is one of the best plywood for furniture making especially in kitchens is pointless unless you’re planning to keep your kitchen immersed in water all the time.
Advantages Of Plywood For Furniture
People have been using plywood for many years now and there is no doubt in saying that most of our furniture is made using plywood or engineered wood. It is because not many of us can afford quality wood like genuine teak or mahogany for our home furniture and are left with choosing advance plywood as the only alternative. So now lets’ see what are the advantages of using plywood furniture;
• Plywood is affordable in comparison to pure or genuine wood and is easy to work with it and you can as it allows you for speedy fabrication of any kind of furniture like sofas, chairs, cupboards, racks and shelves.
• Plywood has a flat, standard surface which is exemplary for making small and large table tops and counter tops and you can easily laminate it whenever needed. You can also use veneer over the top of it and otherwise polish it to give it a finishing look.
• Whatever plywood you choose for usage it must be durable. Commercial-grade plywood is also cheaper and very effective for sofas and cupboards. However, for kitchens and bathrooms, it is advisable to use marine-grade plywood or some other fire-resistant plywood which also suits the purpose well.
• To get a more resourceful and designer-finished look at a lower price, you can choose plywood that can easily be moulded into various patterns and shapes. However, Plywood doesn’t get warps, twists, shrinks, cracks or rot with age.
• Plywood is available in various thickness levels. It also reduces time and labor as well as costs while preparing a particular design or structure.
If you nearly plan to renovate your home or install new furniture then choose Advance Laminate Plywood and redesign your future with the finest grade and durable materials. To choose from a variety of plywood and laminates, visit us at [email protected] or you can call us at +91-9821698171, 18001034740.
Laminates are a lifesaver when it comes to interior decoration. They are a cost-efficient surfacing solution that provides superior aesthetics and durability when compared to a host of alternatives. Laminate is a hard and brittle sheet used to overlay on wooden furniture which gives furniture a more fine and attractive look. These Laminates are water resistant, abrasion resistant and scratch resistant and give a decorative look to furniture.
Let’s look at some of the applications to which you can put designer laminates.
1. Know your space: Space or the room where you want to apply the laminate is very important. If you are looking to buy laminate for your study or office room then you should choose a color that is practical and energetic like a shade of brown or black. And if you are looking for a place to relax or create a comfortable feel like your bedroom then you must go for warm colors as they will help create a more peaceful atmosphere. Right from High Gloss Laminate to Wooden textured appeal you have to choose the right one for your space.
2. Thickness of Laminate Sheet: It is a very important aspect for you to consider while choosing the right laminate for your home. A thicker laminate will provide a more real wood feel, the thicker depth also results in a more detailed etching. The thickness of Laminates ranges from 6mm and 12mm. So you choose the thickness as per the instructions and suggestions of interior designers and architects before applying them anywhere at your home.
3. Type of Laminate: Consider the way you have to use the laminate in your applications. There are many ways in which you can use a type of laminate sheet. It differs from purpose to purpose. Laminates come in various types like Flooring Laminate, Cabinet Laminates, Wardrobe Laminate and Furniture Laminate.
4. Use a colour sample: You should make sure that before purchasing a laminate for your home, to check the colour sample in the place where it will be installed, as the laminate once installed can look different in the room when compared with the sample. The sample you may like in the book may not exactly go with the other components of your space. So choose before you finalize.
5. Know your pocket: As laminates come in various patterns, colours and designs, their prices vary from type to type. They depend upon the colour coordination and also on the patterns. If you are not in sync with all these aspects, you may end up putting a lot of pressure and burden on your pocket. So choose wisely !
6. Colours, Patterns and Designs: There are so many colours, patterns, and designs to choose from, which makes it a fun and challenging task for a homeowner. With so many choices or options in the market, one mustn’t forget that each colour has its own effect, some may add warmth and comfort to your interiors and some may just not fit in with your style of décor. Therefore to make sure you select the right colour some tips to work on. And so plan very well what patterns and designs you are going to select for your space.
Advance Laminate brings to you a catalogue of Laminates featuring some of the best designer laminates in the market so that you can choose the right laminate for your office and home. Advance laminates’ range of laminates are available in different colors, patterns and textures that go well with any kind of interior, be it office space or even in a home. The range of laminates at Advance Lam is exclusively created for flooring, cabinets, wardrobes, furniture and walls, choosing which one can simply give a fresh and unique look to their interiors. Advance Lam’s range also includes a lot of patterns and textures that makes the indoors of an office space or home look amazing with just the right application of the laminate. You can choose from a wide range of laminates provided to you by Advance Lam and beautify any space you are in. Give yourself a try and visit Advance Laminates on [email protected] to check out a vast variety of laminates and plywood.
As we are growing in the era of fast changing technologies and improving standard of livings, decorating your home and commercial spaces is a challenge. There are so many options available in the market for your interior designing that you may go crazy what to select and what not. While shopping for your interior decors, have you heard of the PVC Laminates??? They are available in a range of decorative patterns and colors, today these laminates form the surface of a lot more products than you can imagine. The most commonly used finishing layer for MDF, plywood, particle board, wooden furniture, wall panels and flooring are laminates.
They come mainly in five types:
- Decorative Laminates
- Industrial Laminates
- Compact Laminates
- Post formed Laminates
- High pressure and Low Pressure Laminates
Laminate sheets not only help you to increase the vibe of the space but also add to the durability of the unit. PVC is widely used for office cabinets, modular kitchen units, wardrobes, furniture, and even doors.
Why you should go for PVC Laminates?? Here are some amazing sides of them you should know:
- They are more durable than the other substitutes available.
- They are economical and long lasting
- They are impervious to heat, corrosion, termites and water.
- They can be treated to have antibacterial properties.
- They are scratch-resistant, and easy to clean.
- They come in matte, metal and gloss finishing.
- They come in various colors, patterns and textures
Following are some points which one should pay attention to while choosing the best PVC Laminates:
- Always take note of the maintenance, sustainability and price of the one which you are planning to buy.
- They vary from each other when it comes to using them in Domestic or Commercial spaces. So choose wisely according to the need that you wish to serve.
- Laminate sheets with antibacterial properties are great to use in Kitchens.
- Marine Plywood makes a perfect fit for the areas where water resistance is main concern.
- Carefully consider the weigh factor i.e. Look and Feel.
- A textured laminate sheet is less prone to scratches but is hard to clean.
- Glossy or ultra-glossy sheets are best for Kitchen and Wardrobes but for modern sheen, Matte finish is the best.
- Closely consider the finishes, size, durability, cost, installation, repair and maintenance, replacement.
- The most important point is you should be vigil enough When to Opt and Avoid.
Advance Laminates mark their journey in 2016, under Amba Group (established in 1991) offers some of the finest grade compact and durable laminates in India. Their laminates are not just economically great but also suitable for any kind of interiors. Their client base is of architects, interior designers and consumers. Your laminates can also be customized to complement the color and theme of your interior. So if you are planning to make some major renovations in terms of interiors, give Advance Laminates a chance and feel the joy of best results and enhanced visual appeal of your space.