PVC Laminates are a great option if you are ready to install the beautiful laminate sheets for graceful looks to the furniture, living room, kitchen, etc. Altogether, PVC Laminates will be a permanent fixture in your home. On the basis of installation processes, you need to follow the basic dos and don’ts.
Before you begin the installation of PVC Laminates, here are our installation tips to avoid potential problems:
Dos you need to follow:
- First of all, read the manual carefully provided by the manufacturer.
- Leave the room to acclimate to room temperature for at least 48 hours before installing laminate sheets.
- Make sure the surface is well prepared, clean, and in good repair.
- For the laminate to set properly, make use of laminate underlayment.
- Tape together the seams of the underlayment as you are laying it.
- Please ensure to leave at least 3/8″.
- Sway rows one plank width from each other.
- To tighten the joints, use a Universal Installation Kit that helps speed up the installation process.
- Make use of small pieces of scrap laminate as spacers to save and keep the same size of the expansion gap.
- To avoid damage, make sure to inspect every plank.
Don’ts for laminate installation:
- Ensure to avoid installation of laminate sheets on any floor with a drain.
- You should not install laminate on an uneven subfloor.
- Avoid laminate installation on the surface exposed to constant dampness or extremely high or low humidity.
- It is not advisable to install laminate over the residential carpet.
- Avoid installation of a double layer of laminate underlayment as it will cause planks to separate.
- Avoid laminate installation through openings that are less than 48″ wide- use a transition.
- Don’t cut laminate in place when you install it.
- Don’t cut the back of laminate sheets as it will damage the decorative layer.
- Don’t nail wall base moulding or quarter round to the floor.
Tip to follow before PVC Laminate installation:
When you purchase PVC Laminate, make sure to also purchase any thresholds, quarter round and base moulding at the same time. Altogether, it will save you time and money.
Advance Decorative Laminates is one of India’s leading manufacturer of PVC Laminates which comes in a wide array of textures and colours. To get the best quotes, ASK FOR THE FOLDERS @ Toll-Free- 18001034740; 98216 98171, Email: [email protected]