Film faced plywood is an exterior plywood used in building and construction projects. It has a special film coating on its surface made from phenol or melamine on either or both sides which gives the plywood a higher resistance to moisture, abrasion, chemical degradation and fungal attack compared to ordinary plywood.
Because of its increased stability and resistance to moisture, ultraviolet radiation and corrosive chemicals, film-faced plywood is ideal for outdoor applications such as the external surfaces of new buildings.
It is used in making formwork in construction because of its increased stability and resistance to moisture, ultraviolet radiation, and corrosive chemicals. The film layer and acrylic varnished edges make it more durable and less able to distort when used outdoors in harsh weather and adverse conditions.
It is recommended for shuttering boxes as these are used to soothe and restrict wet concrete as it dries. If the shuttering box is made from film faced plywood then it can last long even in the sunlight. Hence, it can be used several times before being replaced. This saves money as well as keeps things safe.
- It has got a High wear-resistance power which makes it perfect for use in moist and damp areas. It is at the same time not affected by borers and termites.
- It is Resistant to the effect of various environments, including chemicals, thus it gives your stuff real toughness and strength.
- It has a Mesh surface which provides anti-slip protection, and thus can be easily handled.
- It has Resistance to temperature variation -40 to +50 °C, which makes it of great use in areas exposed to high temperatures.
- It Comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes, so that you can use it as per your need and wish.
- PVC coated plywood can give your space that appearance for which everyone would say WOWW !!
But before you plan to buy the Film Faced Plywood, there are certain factors that you should consider before buying plywood. We have listed them here for you. SO lets know about the little plywood things.
- Durability: They are durable in nature. They resist fungus and work well in all seasons from summers to winters. They also work well against chemicals and last longer. It is processed using the best quality wood and latest technology keeping in mind the latest market trends. The offered plywood is highly appreciated for its unique bonding strength, seamless finishing, and durability.
- Easy to clean: Since the film on this plywood makes the surface smooth, it does not let anything stick to its surface. Hence, cleaning a film faced plywood becomes easy. You can simply use a cloth and wipe the surface without spending long hours onto it.
- Versatile usage: These plywood are highly versatile or you may say it as Variety Plywood. They can be used for both indoors and outdoors. These can be used in the construction industry as well as to build furniture. It is commonly used to make the cast of the ceiling, walls, drains, highways, pillars, etc
- Water resistant: This plywood is specially made for exterior usage which also makes it water-resistant. Water or heat does not harm it due to which it can last for years.
- Perfect for construction company usage: Due to its coating, it can tolerate heavy outdoor work and is used by construction companies to fulfill their needs. These are strong and can be used over and over again.
- Sunmica Application: Also see if you can paste Sunmica on these plywood before buying the film plywood. This can add upon the amazing patterns and colors to your space. This will help you with beautification of your space.
Advance Decorative Laminates is the largest shuttering plywood manufacturer in India that offers a wide range of options. Advance film faced plywood rates are more affordable and its most effective constructions. It has a smooth mirror-like superior finishing on both surfaces and saves costs to quite an extent when compared to other similar products due to more repetition during shuttering work. It’s the cross-laminated structure between face veneer, core veneer, and the film again enhances the strength of ply. It is being widely used in construction of bridges, flyovers, metro projects, shipbuilding, water tanks, cooling towers, all high rise buildings, etc., which need maximum strength and security.
When it comes to Film Faced Shuttering Plywood, Advance Decorative Laminates is the undisputed leader. Film Faced Shuttering Plywood is extensively used in both commercial and residential places. The strength and security of the plywood sheet make it a perfect choice for use in the construction of bridges, flyovers, metro projects, shipbuilding, water tanks, etc.
Let’s have a look at the common FAQs of Film Faced Shuttering Plywood.
What are the special features of Advance Film Faced Shuttering Plywood?
1. It is most effective in RCC constructions.
2. Both the surfaces have a smooth mirror-like finishing.
3. After many uses, it can also be re-used for panelling, roofing, flooring, partitions, etc.
4. The manufacturing process is the reason behind the high strength of the ply.
What are the dos and don’ts in using Film Faced Shuttering Plywood?
1. Clean and use oil on the surface to increase the life of the plywood. Always avoid side screwing & nailing.
2. To fix the film faced shuttering plywood, use screws.
3. Without the mould oil, make sure not to use the plywood.
4. Without proper drying, don’t allow the material to stack.
What should be done before the next use?
Ans: Before using the Film Faced Shuttering Plywood again, make sure to recoat it with mould oil.
Is Advance Film Faced Shuttering Plywood ISI marked?
Is Film Faced Shuttering Plywood waterproof?
Is Film Faced Shuttering Ply abrasion-proof?
What are the special features of Film Faced Shuttering Ply:
Ans: Dimensional accuracy, Fine finishing, Precise designing
Read more about Film Faced Shuttering Ply
Plywood is an amazingly flexible item and can be utilized in a huge assortment of utilizations, in view of a few variables like strengthening layers and decorative surfacing. On account of pressed wood’s quality and moderateness, it is regularly utilized in both inside and outside. Is it true that you are searching for tasteful woodwork in your home? Is it true that you are envisioning the exquisite vibe of your fantasy home? At that point, you are looking at the ideal spot. Compressed wood (Plywood) is one of the most fundamental parts expected to give a legitimate completing and dazzling look to a home.
Advance Plywood is one of the best brands in India that manufactures Plywood, which is of high caliber and is solid.
Termite proof furniture has gone out to one of the most ideal wooden furniture for remodeling your home insides. Termites have a background marked by wrecking the entire furniture just by crawling into your home or territory through residue, soil particles, and so on.
Advance Plywood is fundamentally a dampness safe pressed wood, otherwise called MR PLywood. This kind of compressed wood by and large discovers its application in residential purposes, for example, for home enhancement or inside planning.
When you are arranging is use Plywood for your open-air use, particularly on the off chance that you are engaged with building yachts, boats, or private pontoons, at that point waterproof plywood is the perfect item you’d have to consider. These pressed woods are simply ideal for outside essentially.
Is it accurate to say that you are searching for the best wood for home furnishings? All things considered, furniture assumes a colossal job in making your home look vivacious, full, and wonderful. Be it beds, end tables, divider cupboards – every one of them unites your home stylistic layout. Know More…
Film-faced shuttering plywood is a common name in the building and construction industries. It is a different type of plywood with a film coating on the surface (may be one side or both sides). The coating makes the plywood resistant to moisture, chemical attack, fungus development, abrasion and other kinds of wear and tear. The plywood maintains its structural integrity even in the extreme conditions. (more…)